Vacuum Services Safety Save

Vacuum Services Safety Save

While working in a facility vacuuming dust that had been there for over ten years, an EnviroVac crew was asked to blow the dust down to the floor and clean it up. During this process, with piles of this dust on the floor, they ran across an electrical wire that arced due to being energized. The crew immediately shut down the air wand process due to the fact that they had an ignition source that could have started a combustible dust explosion.

Combustible Dust is often overlooked but can result in a catastrophic event. As a result of proper safety training, our crew recognized this hazard, took time to clear the air and get the electrical problems fixed, then approached the job in a different manner. It is measures like this that leads to our strong reputation for having superior safety practices, and looking out for our crew and the well-being of our clients.

Great job to the team for making safety the number one priority!

On top of being safe on the job, our team also did a fantastic job cleaning up the dusty facility. The before and after pictures speak for themselves!